A few months ago I had a strange dream. Now, I dream all the time and it's usually really weird dreams. You know me. Psychologists say that everyone dreams, but some people don't remember their dreams. That sounds about right. It's a matter of how in touch you are with yourself.
Anyway, here is my strange dream. In my laundry room there is a transom window up really high that you can't see out of. It is there simply to let light in. So in my dream I was sitting/hovering (not sure which) up really high in the air and I could see out of that window. When I looked out I was amazed at how different everything looked. Nothing ever looked like that when peering out any other window in the house. Everything was so beautiful now!
Well, it doesn't take a Ph.D. to figure out the meaning behind this dream. I was seeing life from a different perspective and it looked better that way.
I have been doing all this soul searching and introspective stuff lately, and I must say that my life IS getting better. Lots of hindrances have been eliminated in my life because I CHOSE to eliminate them.
Control, people. That's what it's all about. We all have more control over our lives than we think. If you are deeply religious, then your church doctrine may teach that you have no control over your life at all. God controls everything. I bought into that for a long time, but I don't believe it anymore. I believe that we are given choices (and many more than most people think.) And unlike most people I know, I don't believe you are going to hell for exercising control over your own life.
That's my opinion. People should not sit back and take whatever comes at them. Everyone should be proactive, no reactive. Stage your own life, don't let it stage you.
You want something good to happen in your life? Then go out and MAKE it happen. God will not smite you!
No comments:
Post a Comment