Monday, February 14, 2011

How Duct Tape Can Make the World a Nicer Place (And Help the Economy)

Why are people so ridiculously mean and nasty? I must state the obvious - you get what you give people. If someone is putting out loads of hatefullness everyday, that's exactly what they will get back in life.

There are two types of mean, snotty people - those who keep the meanness to themselves and those who have to project their nastiness out to other people. (Misery loves company, you know.)

The seems the crankiest people are usually the most selfish and judgemental. I sometimes want to just ask people, "Why are you so pissed?" (I think it used to be directly related to girdles, but who wears those anymore?)

Everyone has lost dreams and deep dark secrets, and no one can know what they may harbor in their head and heart. That is completely understandable. What really gets me is when people are snotty to those who are TRYING to be nice to them. If I meet you on the street, I am in no way respsonsible for the fact that you hate your wife. So please go home and take it out on her, not me.

Now, I am generally not a mean person to begin with, but when I do feel hateful I go into my little bubble and stay there until I am fit for human interaction again. I know when to shut the hell up and he knows when to get out of my face. It's a beautiful thing when things work in harmony like that.

I have some family members (and some acquaintances, I wouldn't call them friends) who like to push their miserable constitutions onto EVERYONE around them. In fact, I have very limited contact with certain members of my family because they are always so negative.

Ever hear someone make a comment and wonder if they meant more by it? Well, in my family they DID mean that plus much more that you probably didn't even catch. They have brought slurs and degradation to an art form.

Just today a person I know stormed out and caused a scene in a public place. Now, I know it is Valentine's Day and people frequently get depressed on holidays, but there's also some consideration for those around you. Don't be so selfish. That's what's wrong with this world now - too many selfish people.

If you are having a bad day, then try not to make it EVERYONE ELSE'S bad day. 

So this is why I think everyone should carry around a big roll of duct tape. Every time someone says something that's mean and nasty, we should just duct tape their mouth shut. Eventually, they will learn to keep their mouths closed if they don't have something nice to say.

So when you really think about it, duct tape could easily make the world a nicer place. Using all this extra duct tape (cause we would need A LOT) would also increase production of duct tape and create new jobs. It would be good for the economy. See? This is a win/win situation for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment