This morning I got in the shower as usual, and the most curious thing happened. As I was washing I discovered that my backside was firmer! Then I realized my legs were firmer too! Holy cow! I was excited! All those hours on the treadmill and Total Gym are finally paying off!
I called my husband at work to tell him how happy I was about my ass. He said, "Well, that makes two of us." (I can always count on him for support.)
This brings me to a crucial important point. Body image is very important to everyone, even those who are too high and mighty to admit it. Why? Besides the psychological components, it also signifies that I am in control of my body. I control my life, it doesn't control me. I take charge and get things done.
I have to say I had a better than average body until the birth of my kids. That's why I think it is such a slap in the face to women that bringing a life into the world brings on all these horrible, scary changes.
You do a beautiful thing by bringing a life into this world, and this is what you get for it. Things never go back where they were to begin with. And if you opt for surgery to put things back, you get a new set of potential problems. Any surgical procedure has potential hazards.
I actually expanded in areas that had nothing to do with carrying or protecting the little critters. What's worse is those areas are not gone even though my kids are way past the baby stage. I lose weight, but those areas hang on to me for dear life. What the hell?
You know, it's really hard to be a sex kitten when your body will not cooperate with you. Men have it easy, their contribution is fun and short lived. Ours goes on until we die (at least the after effects) and giving birth is painful to the degree that most guys probably couldn't even take it.
Lots of women say that you quickly forget the pain of childbirth. That is the biggest bunch of bull I have ever heard. I remember every ounce of that pain! I literally wanted someone to hit me in the head hard enough to knock me unconscious.
I really can't understand those people who just keep having more and more kids. What kind of body do those poor women have at this point? SCARY. That's what.
I waited until I was older to have my kids and I am thankful every day for that decision. These teenage moms ruin their bodies very early in life and have all those years to live with the consequences.
But I am determined to have my body back. I will go as far as I can with it, then I will let the doctors take care of the rest. Luckily, I have a husband who supports my decisions. By that I mean he is willing to pay for it - after all it is for his enjoyment as much as mine, right?
So, you see, it is very important that I have a firm backside. I am just vain enough that it matters to me. Actually, I am becoming more vain as I get older. I know that's the opposite of how it's supposed to be, but I have never been accused of being normal. If you have read any of my other posts, then you know that.
That's enough for today. Got to get back to blogs that actually bring in some money (and to watching John Rzeznik). Wishing everyone a firm backside......

No comments:
Post a Comment