When I was slighly younger I used to believe I could grow old gracefully, but now it appears that I was wrong. So very, very wrong! I am kicking and screaming! And there's nothing graceful about that - or ladylike for that matter.
I have been considering a few procedures that would help me fight nature for a little while longer, and I cannot help but ponder just how vain that makes me. Yes, it is partly about control. I want control of my life and my body, so it annoys me when outside influences interfere.
So back to being vain - Is plastic surgery a vain overindulgence or is it just being a girl in 21st century? I mean, think about it - there was a time when shaving your legs was over the top or even wearing make up. So I am not so sure that going under the knife is so wrong. Maybe it's just taking advantage of modern technology. Afterall, this is the only body we will ever have.
We live in an age of change. Sometime the changes come at us so quickly that we have trouble keeping up, but I am determined to roll with the tide and take advantage of a few small nips and tucks.
Yes, I will definitely do that - sometime in the future. Okay, so maybe I just like knowing it's an option. It's out there in the distance, just waiting for the time that I am READY for it.
So until then, I will be daydreaming about all the wonderful things that can be done to improve my exterior.

No comments:
Post a Comment