Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Curious & Foreign Feeling of Happiness

How do you like the happy little tree pic? Pretty groovy, huh?

The other day I was tinkering around the house and thinking about a long list of things, when suddenly it occurred to me that I was sort of happy. It caught me completely off guard, and I really wasn't prepared for the consequences of it at all.

I mean, if I'm going to be one of those "happy people", then will I have to let go of all my moodiness and bad attitude? I don't think I could function with that, really. I always climb into my bubble as a defense mechanism, so if my bubble suddenly had a hole in it....well, let's just say I would be happy no more. So maybe it would become a vicious cycle? (I really am not on drugs, it just sounds like it.)

See, I have always been one of those people who believed that happiness was fleeting, brief and only came in small doses. My parents taught me that, but also added the theory that anytime your life is going well you should be waiting for something bad to happen - because it always does. (Thanks, Mom and Dad!)

It has taken me many years (I won't say how many) to unlearn many of the untruths they taught me. In this day and age we all know your life is what you create, not what is handed to you. Well, we all know it intellectually, some most of us have not taken it to heart.

So my feeling of happiness was curious and foreign to me because its almost seemed to sneek up on me. But since I know how the law of attraction works, I am well aware of the fact that I brought this happiness on myself. So there's no one to blame but myself.

Although happiness is not a "thing" it is still something you can reach out and grab. You can nurture it and make it grow, just like a tree (hence the happy tree pic). Every day we all get out of bed and make the decision, either consciously or unconsciously, to be happy or not. We do it EVERY SINGLE DAY of our lives.

What's your decision today?

No comments:

Post a Comment