Ever Get Tired Of Doing the Same Monotonous Things Over and Over Again?
I was just outside enjoying some nice sunshine and fairly warm weather for a change. It was pleasant out and I could hear the birds singing. But there was just one problem. I was raking leaves, and I HATE raking leaves because we live in the middle of the woods and the leaves ALWAYS come back....with a vengence.
So why do I even bother? Who knows. Because I am a good citizen, I guess. Or a good homeowner, neighbor, wife, mother....take your pick.
While I was grumbling under my breath, I relfected on how I hate doing the same things over and over again. I like to see results, being the A type personality that I am, so doing things that you only have to do once appeals to me.
For instance, I like to rearrange the furniture. I move it....it stays there. Cleaning the house, on the other hand - I do it because, again, my A type personality requires that things are tidy - but I hate it. I know I will have to make the beds, do the laundry and everything else again tomorrow.
I have decided that people with those scary looking houses are smarter than me. For example, they NEVER make the beds and are perfectly happy with it. So if they have three beds in their house they are probably saving about 20 minutes per day. So that would make about two hours and 20 minutes each week that they have to do other things.
I would LOVE to have an extra two hours and 20 minutes each week! Who wouldn't?
And that's just talking about the beds. Think of all the other tasks that could be cut out each week! I could literally gain HOURS each week!!!
That's it.....I am becoming a slob. Starting today. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:
Post a Comment